5 Ultimate Exercises To Build Bigger Arms
You are one of the people looking forward to toning out your flabby arms and getting those solid arms. A strong and muscular arm is a desire for every beginner to get a well-built body. However, you may want to know the practical exercise to target unwanted fats and build muscles. Even a slight mistake in the workout can lead to muscle strains, ligament sprains, and tissue tearing. The worst case could be a broken wrist and chronic shoulder pain.
Before starting your arm workout, I was hoping you could stick with me, as I will provide insight into the exercises to build bigger arms and target those stubborn fats stored in your shoulder and hands.
Best Workouts For Transforming Your Arms
The exercise targets two muscle groups in the upper arms to build bigger arms: biceps and triceps. The biceps is a double-headed muscle that runs from the shoulder to the elbow. It provides the arms with flexibility and is the central part supporting lifting. Meanwhile, the triceps is a group of three muscles on the back of the upper arm. It helps to strengthen the arm and also stabilize the shoulder.
During the arms exercise, every beginner focuses more on their biceps than their triceps. However, both muscle groups should be given equal priority. Let’s dive into the five arms workout at the gym or home, which targets both biceps and triceps combined.
Rope Cable French Press
The rope cable press is challenging, targets your triceps and lower back, and creates massive tension along the movement. Meanwhile, as the name suggests, cable stations and rope attachments are required to perform these workouts. It is an intermediate-level movement demanding proper posture to target the triceps brachialis.
Steps to Perform rope cable french press
- First, select the required resistance on the weight stack and attach the rope to the cable pulley.
- Stand facing the front of the machine and grab the ends of the rope with both hands placing it in front of your head.
- Start by bending the elbows and hands before your chest by pulling them straight down. Focus on the movement of your elbow joints.
- Further, pull your hands apart, feel the squeeze in the triceps, and repeat the position while inhaling.
Sets: You can perform 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps.
Standing Dumbell Bicep Curl
The dumbbell bicep curl is the classic exercise targeting those biceps and giving you those desired big arms. Mainly it will work on the brachialis and brachioradialis area of the components.
At the same time, it is one of the most convenient workouts to incorporate as it requires dumbbells’ and a slow pace. Besides, this exercise requires keeping the palms facing toward your body along the movement. This is why, it is considered the best exercise to build bigger arms. You do not have to go to the gym to do this exercise. Just purchase your preferred size dumbbells’ from bodykore fitness and start pumping.
Steps to perform standing dumbbell bicep curl
- Carry the dumbbell of the appropriate weight in each hand and stand with arms hanging at your sides.
- Keep the elbows close to the body while facing the palms forward.
- Bend the elbow and raise the dumbbells’ towards your shoulders until they reach almost level with them.
- Ensure the upper arms are stationary before lowering back down to starting position and exhaling during the pause.
Sets: You have to include 3-4 sets of these with 12-15 reps.
Incline dumbbell curl
The incline dumbbell curl is an isolation exercise in the targeted muscle group, especially the biceps area. Meanwhile, compared to a traditional bicep curl, the incline dumbbell curl stretches your arm, allowing for a more excellent range of motion during the activity.
Likewise, the incline dumbbell curl has to be performed in a steady movement in a sitting position.
Steps to perform incline dumbbell curl
- Make the bench incline at a 45-60 degree angle. Grab the dumbbells and sit down against the bench with your palm facing forward.
- Squeeze your biceps while bending the elbow to lift the dumbbell to shoulder level. Maintain the position of the neck and head along the movement.
- Bring the dumbbells close to the shoulder and remain still for specific seconds.
- Lastly, straighten the elbows lowly and lower them again.
Sets: It’s best to perform around 2-3 sets of 8-13 reps.
Among the equipment to build bigger arms, barbell curl seems an easy workout as you bend your arms. Grab the curl and curl the bar down, but there is much to understand before performing the movement.
Besides, this exercise aims at the muscle group like the triceps and biceps and should be performed slowly and steadily.
Steps to perform barbell curl
- Pick up the barbell with hands slightly wider than hip-width and palms up.
- Extend your arms and retract the shoulder blades. Also, ensure to contract the triceps and core.
- Curl the barbell towards your chest with a tight grip. Contract your biceps while exhaling until the biceps are shortened.
- Take a deep breath and again lower the weight under control.
Sets: You can include 3-4 sets of these isolated exercises with 12-15 reps.
DB Skull Crusher
The DB skull crusher is an excellent partner that challenges the triceps area. As the name explains, the dumbbell or barbell is lifted to your skull from overhead.
Moreover, this is a fun exercise working on the triceps and tightening those arms. It is performed by lying on the bench with the appropriate barbell on the lap.
Steps to perform skull crusher
- Grab the EZ curl bar while placing the wrists straight and palms facing down.
- Relax, lie on your back, and bring the weight up to a position over your collarbone.
- Slowly bend your elbows while keeping your shoulders stable and lifting your weight over your head.
- Pause for a second while keeping the elbows straight. Repeat it by pushing the weight back to the overhead position.
Sets: You can perform three sets of 8-12 reps.
Can I train my biceps every day?
You can instruct your biceps daily, maintaining your regular workout schedule. It can help increase your arms’ strength with proper biceps growth. But the recommendation is to target your muscle at least 2 days a week to get better results.
Is getting bigger arms harder?
Arms require a lot of high-tension movement. If we remain consistent in our training, reaching our goal of bigger arms will be easier. As compared to other muscle group, arms are comparatively easy to build.
Focus on both biceps and triceps to build bigger arms. You may enjoy these workouts and train your to get those solid arms. However, you may overtrain your biceps, ignoring the triceps area and leading to the chance of injury.
The upper body plays a vital role in our day-to-day activities, and having solid and large arms can be a blessing. Prepare a training schedule and add these exercises and perform them steadily. Take proper rest and remain consistent with your daily workout schedule. Enjoy your workouts.